Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Winging it Welly style...

Last  weekend I ventured to wellington for the annual SuperD on Mt Vic. It was a fantastic weekend which was greatly centered around the Mt Vic Super D track which is filled with plenty of rooted technical sections, dusty corners and 2 quality lung burning assents. The field was pretty big as the MTB community in welly is pretty epic. Much to my delight this also included a very strong contingent of local women who know how to handle their bikes VERY well. One of the highlights for myself was witnessing and riding down in support of the young guns who participated in the mini D (kids race age 9-12) they were just neat!!
Also to my delight... as of last week my Trance has a new Rock Shox setup and holy mary mother of _____ does it feel good; words really can't describe. I'll let my result do the talking...

Whilst down in the windy capital I spent some  time with some great old friends whom I took on the local play ground with, as well as spend some quality time with 2 epic locals Ash and Ranger who put up with me for the duration (thanks guys, love your work). To top it all off I so happened bump into my 2 favouritest friends from Hamilton when randomly  walking past them in welly airport; this was like a golden cherry upon my already cream cheese icing of a weekend. Nz is a lil ol thang.

Results wise I got the win by 23 seconds placing me 22nd overall in a 120 strong field. But for me it was the feeling that I am gaining back some old skool skills that I am sure I still have access too after a few years dormant..

Fun time... till the next adventure


Thanks to Mr Caleb  @  spokemagazine.com for the following images. Also check out his write up for more images and


Lil bit of air time



Tail end charlie-ing the young ens who love riding possibly more than i do... Possibly





Ash 'perma smile' Burgess having a blast
2014 Mt Vic Super D-4497

Welly womans biker community



Young whipper snappers




Hanging out with oldmate Nickers and his son... At the playground