Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Old age, Whiskey and broken bones..

So the whiskey went down an absolute treat after I turned back early from our Saturday ride. Safe to say my legs were more empty than the woodstocks can belonging to the homeless man up the road.

On the friday 7 friends and I ventured to Rotorua to exploit the aging of one of my besties. The plan was to chill, chat, drink, ride, run and do whatever we bloody well liked. It seems Heath missed the 'only fun stuff memo' and took this to a whole new level by breaking no only his Raduis but also munting his collar bone to the point he required an opp and 2 days on hospital. Good job Heath, going by Tim's relay of events you looked pretty spectacular up there prior to your fall from grace.

Whilst the wounded played with the surgeons the able bodied ventured out to the forest. On Sunday a heap of us ventured into the amazing trail network that has been developed in the redwoods. These trails are just awesome which are made EVEN better after riding to the top so that one feels like they deserve it even more. I love days like this it reiterates why I love to ride my bike and cherish the wickedly awesome friends I can share these moments with.

Early morning meditation spot

Waters edge


One of Sarahs birthday gifts. Pure class

Mr Miller taking to sleeping in a different building.


1/2 way up climb on our way to trail heaven.
Andrew sporting an AMAZING TSHIRT.. diggle just being cool.

Borrowing a bike worth more than everything I own whilst wearing my new socks.
This bike may have experienced more air than it should... maybe.. there is no photographic evidence.


100m from BillyT... ready for some trail actions!!