Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Room with a view

Weekends seem to come and go with the the frequency of the rolling tides. The last few months have seen me around this country more so than in the last 27 years. 2 things can attests to this; they are my bank account and the weird bulgy muscles which seemed to have developed on my legs.

Recently a bunch of eager NZ cyclocrossers headed to Wanaka and partook in the annual event that is NZ CX NATIONALS!! This was a great trip with friends, bikes and epic scenery. The course was hard, the smiles were many and the seafood chowder down the road was decidedly average. The highlight for me was the fact that for the first time ever there was a jump section!!! I was well stoked, the only reason I went around so fast was just to get back around to get some air time. It seemed every one raced hard and had the evident 'post race smokers lung' which to me is a sign of plenty of effort.

The weekend was spent with Gayle 'force' Brownlee and Nick 'happy go lucky' Teeboon where we drove around in the Epic RedBull truck and stayed at the RB chalet in Queenstown. We all had a blast going on adventures.. Gayle and Teeboon thought it a genius idea to scale 2000m of climbing in 13km by riding to the top of The Remarkable THE DAY BEFORE NATIONALS... I did not attend, i did however have a jolly ol time playing on my bicycle at 7 mile...


Causing a problem to fix...? (cross word on vomit bag)

First ride at 7 Mile in QT and I had forgotten my shoes at the house. Nothing my trusty Reeboks couldn't handle


View from Redbull house in QT.... 
Their first meeting.. went well

 Thursday's night race was blessed with a snow section. We used it as a Redbull cooling pit


 My fantastic bike and a magnificent lake. Just been riding at 7mile. 

Buddies in crime. Gayle and Teeboon. They had just gorged themselves on Fergburgers
the size of their heads. Food coma apparently takes about half an hour to hit.


 NZ CX NATS... A view with a view. What energy i had left was spent shaking a cow bell...
 cheering on the like of Mr Woodward
 and Alex Revell (new mens National Champ)


 This beast saw some good action that weekend!!

 Alex the peoples champion
 Gayle momentarily happy with her liberating of Swedes (turned out to be turnips)
The day prior she and Mr Teeboon scaled that whopping great mountain behind (2000m 13km) 
 The morning after.. someone still has her shoes on.

 Chillaxin like a MOFO with madam Gayle at some highly expensive bar.
We snuck in a ride at 7am prior to flight back to Auckland

 YIP


 Selfie trying to prove to Emma this is my usual look.

This one was a fluke


Off the plane and STRAIGHT to work


 Arriving home at 830pm all i wanted to do was be home. However the front lock had taken up 'broken' status so i had to remove a section of house and scale the rafters (we live in an interesting location.. pretty hard to get in without a key or smashing something.

* I was MAJORLY happy when I spied my new NZ passport prior to dropping in with 'tingle feel' grr


Then I was blessed with this the next day when I went for a morning Jaunt over the waitakeres.
See Auckland is stunning too.