Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Wrote down some thoughts...

The fat sticks to the top of my mouth like oil on a bird fallen victum to the inevitable oil spills; damn you shell, BP, consumers, society and inevitably me for be a cog in the system; a cog that requires oil.. Damn it...

So my current major issue is that infact this 'butter' is anything but. I have woken in some place, a place i will venture out into and eat as much street food as takes my fancy. This however is after i subjecting myself to the semi stale bread, sugar syrup jam and 'not butter' that is commonly supplied by whatever hostel i have booked for the cheapest price; not to forget the cafe con leche i occasionally feel obliged to entertain... Usually with inevitable regret. The beauty of this situation is that although it sounds like a am bagging the situation i am actually embracing it with gob wide open. Welcome to South American as a back packer, a place that i am so content in being right now that the thought of waking in my own bed being served breakfast made by Frances  best patissier chef is not a thought that really interests me. Truth be told i no longer own a bed and some of the best pasteries i have eaten were actually in a remote bolivian town in the fringe of the amazon... Random? Damn right! 

Day dreams, never underestimate the potential implication a PG rated day dream can have on your life (AO ones aren't bad either, just less of those come to fruition)! I currently feel as though i am the living the day dreams i once had whist doing the daily mundane. Don't get me wrong, I have largely loved most of my life, my job was pretty neat and i enjoy wherever i am (mostly) BUT not all of life experiences are created equal. EXAMPLE: yesterday started with adventure, punctuated by having major change of plans on the spot, which lead to knowly getting lost (lost is relative) in the mountains just out of cusco with an Aussy lass i managed to befriend after meeting in machu picchu then again bumping into walking the streets of Cusco 200km away.. Spontaneity and randomness are my life, a aspect that love... Untill i need a day off where i just sit, write in a cafe, read, laugh out loud to myself and converse with friends in foreign lands.

Home is where my back pack is (more like my passport). When i left NZ i had spent a month culling everything down to 4-5 plastic boxes (2 taken up by tax/gst) a few bikes n bits AND a rather large box with my MTB and CX bikes in which will be sent to canada whenever i get there. Essentially  I have no established home and i damn well love it; it's very liberating having no obligations.. Besides paying for my hostel bed and being in upstanding human (all relative right)... Even showering is optionaI.. And that's an option i toy with. I think is one of the closest i have ever felt to feeling free, something I can't explain but can only feel.

I am content and that there is a great feeling.


Anyway, these were thoughts of the day... Who knows tomorrow may change everything.

Love