Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

"you never know who you are inspiring"

Sometimes life seems to get in the way of living; the 'need to dos' cloud over the 'would prefer to dos'. This past weekend was the light at the end of the tunnel.. which I didn't see coming (maybe it's just a neon light part way through..). It has been like adding kindling to the little heart fire that things like stress, work overload and faulty priority management extinguish.

Although this still involved getting up at 5am both saturday and sunday.. This may sound crazy to some but let me explain; one occasion was to ride to the top of a mountain at 6am to drink whiskey over the Vister of Auckland central with some of the loveliest people I have the privilege to call friends. The other occasion was to venture out to the north head of  Manukau harbour purely for the adventure and appreciation of what a stunning world we live.

I have great gratitude to all those that I spent time with this past weekend because you no doubt inspired me in some way and have added your own kindling to my little fire. Sometimes we need 'pep me ups' and as I become more the wiser I realise the power of those around.

Thank goodness university is now over for the year.